Former US President Donald Trump has lashed out at the Supreme Court after losing his lawyers failed to block his tax returns and financial records from being released to the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.
The court’s ruling was in response to Trump’s team filing an emergency order in October 2020, seeking to shield his financial records from prosecutors.
The ruling was made without comments or dissent. Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance simply promised that “the work continues” in response to the win.
Trump slammed the investigation as part of a “political witch hunt” tied to the two impeachment attempts against him and the fruitless Robert Mueller investigation into allegations of “Russian collusion.”
“The Supreme Court never should have let this ‘fishing expedition’ happen, but they did,” the former president said in a statement on Monday. “This is something which has never happened to a President before, it is all Democrat-inspired in a totally Democrat location, New York City and State, completely controlled and dominated by a heavily reported enemy of mine, Governor Andrew Cuomo.”
Trump also reiterated his belief that he won the 2020 presidential election, and this case now is an attempt to silence him and his supporters.
“I will fight on, just as I have, for the last five years (even before I was successfully elected), despite all of the election crimes that were committed against me,” he said. “We will win!”
Trump just released a lengthy statement on SCOTUS clearing the way for N.Y. to review his taxes pic.twitter.com/JAqkZmd3eG
Vance’s office has been seeking the records since 2019, reportedly looking into alleged hush payments and possible financial crimes by the former president’s organizations.
The grand jury subpoena covers records from January 2011 to August 2019 related to the accounting firm Mazars USA and former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, who claims he paid off women like adult film star Stormy Daniels for public silence about their alleged affairs with Trump.
Cohen told CNN on Monday the case doesn’t “look good” for Trump, and he celebrated his former employer’s loss.
“One thing I can turn around and tell you, he should start maybe speaking to someone about getting a custom-made jumpsuit, because it does not look good for him,” Cohen said.
Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!
Former US President Donald Trump has lashed out at the Supreme Court after losing his lawyers failed to block his tax returns and financial records from being released to the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office. Read Full Article at RT.com Read More
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the “Translate Website” drop down menu on the top banner of our home page (Desktop version). Visit and follow us on Instagram at @crg_globalresearch. *** Britain’s corporate media … The post Boris Johnson’s Lies Don’t Harm Him Because the UK’s Political System Is More Corrupt […]
Via Children’s Health Defense Natural immunity appears to confer longer lasting and stronger protection against SARS-CoV-2 infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization from the Delta variant compared to Pfizer-BioNTech’s two-dose vaccine-induced immunity, according to a new Israeli preprint study. The new data could play a key role in determining whether people who have previously had COVID […]
COVID lockdowns have done more harm than good, according to a new study out of Johns Hopkins University. The analysis indicates lockdowns across Europe and the U.S. resulted in a paltry 0.2% drop in coronavirus mortality – a figure the researchers deem substandard when compared to the cultural, economic, and health drawbacks of such measures. The report’s […]